The Building Bonds Project is designed to help families and their children to be close, especially in times of need or trouble. We fit, lend and donate slings and carriers to families in financial hardship, those with difficult social circumstances, with mental health needs, to children with special needs or enduring prolonged stays in hospital or with life limiting illnesses.
The Building Bonds Project is designed to help families and their children to be close, especially in times of need or trouble. We fit and donate slings and carriers to families in financial hardship who would benefit from being able to carry their child hands-free and also those who need some support with growing secure attachment relationships – building bonds!
- We work with organisations that help people needing intensive social support, such as those with refugee status, survivors of trafficking, or domestic abuse.
- We help families who are experiencing significant pre-existing or antenatal/postnatal anxiety or depression or PTSD.
- We help families whose children are needing prolonged stays in hospital, who are very unwell or have life-limiting illnesses.
- We help families who have children with special needs.
- Comfy slings can offer fantastic opportunities for occupational or physical therapy as well as being a safe space for a child.
- Baby carriers can also be a very useful tool for children in the foster care system; helping to rebuild secure attachments and to act as a tool to aid transition between homes.
We are based in Sheffield, and are a CIC (a Community Interest Company), staffed by volunteers and reliant on the kindness of others to be able to support families.
Please see our website www.building-bonds.org for how to apply for help.