A private resource centre that offers day time activities, employment support and opportunities predominantly but not solely for adults with a learning disability. Also caters for older people, people with mental health issues and people with physical impairment and/or sensory impairments, dementia aged 16 years and over.
The service is available 5 days a week and there are many activities on offer for people of all abilities. The centre has a cafeteria where drinks and snacks can be purchased and where work-experience can be offered. Facilities for adults with high needs include: a spa, a multi sensory room, disabled shower and changing room.
The centre also runs a gardening service twice a week, where volunteers from the centre provide free garden maintenance to older or vulnerable people in the local area, as part of their work experience and developmental learning activities.
The resource centre can provide tailored employment support to clients as part of their day activities, this can include help with:
Preparing for Work
• Information, advice & guidance
• Help to build self-confidence & self-esteem
• Help with practical issues eg travel, childcare and housing support
• Help being part of your community
• Help with communication
• Life skills
• Careers advice & guidance
Training & Qualifications
• Vocation courses including independent living skills, budgeting, basic food hygiene and cookery
Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
• Volunteering Opportunities
• Work Club
• Work Experience
Finding and Applying for Jobs
• Careers advice / job coaching
• Job search & job search methods
• CV/Application form support
• Support to apply for jobs
• Interview techniques
• Support at interview
In Work Support
• Keyworker support in the workplace
• Mentoring & buddying
• Getting to work/ reasonable adaptations to the workplace
The cost of the service is £40 for a full day (9.30am-4.30pm) or £25 for a half day. Can offer free, day taster sessions to potential new clients and ADHOC school leavers. To use the spa, sauna and sensory room, price is available on request. Transport to the Centre is provided at a charge of £1 per mile, the centre has a special adapted bus that can accommodate wheelchair using clients. These prices are provided by the resource centre, please check them yourself for accuracy.
Quality Standards & Qualifications:
All Newfields Learning and Resource Centre staff are DBS checked.