The Network is open to all who are interested in equality, diversity and fairness. It enables communities to make the city’s decision makers aware of the issues that have a direct impact on them and influence policy, strategy and services.
The Equality Hub Network brings communities and decision makers together to work for positive change.
The Network is made up of the following Equality Hubs based on protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010:
- Age Hub (intergenerational)
- BAMER Hub (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Refugee)
- Disability Hub (all impairments)
- LGBT+ Hub (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, other sexual orientations and gender identities)
- Belief and/or Religion Hub (includes no religious belief)
- Women's Hub
- Carers' Hub