Big Ambitions CIC supports people with mental health conditions and learning difficulties/disabilities gain and retain meaningful activity and employment.
Big Ambitions provide a fully funded Vocational Support service in Sheffield for individuals with learning difficulties/disabilities, those recovering from or experiencing poor mental health or well-being and general job seekers without any additional barriers.
We can help you to improve your personal development, skills and health while supporting you to move towards your vocational goals around entering or re-entering employment.
Big Ambitions Vocational Support service can provide:
• Advice, guidance, and 1:1 support to identify where you want to be, and support you in getting there.
• Personal development training such as confidence building or assertiveness training.
• Wellness coaching including development of coping strategies .
• Support with CV writing, application forms, interview techniques and job search tips.
• Employment opportunities .
• On-going support to help you maintain your success.
• A knowledge that ‘good’ work is beneficial to all in terms of health, economic, and social benefits.
• Everyone has the right to work, regardless of disability.
• People have the right to be supported in their work.
• Employers have the right to advice and guidance in how to support people.
• Both individuals and employers benefit from good work and sustainable employment.
We are currently offering the below services throughout 2021 to support individuals improve their wellbeing and achieve employment aspirations:
- IPS Employment Support Programme
- Lead Keyworker
- Specialist Keyworker for Learning Difficulties
- Specialist Keyworker for Mental Health
- Employer Champion Service
- Job Retention Service
- Interactive group sessions ‘The Wellbeing Way’ and Healthy Mind 24/7 which are part of our newly trademarked training package, PEGS – Personal Employment GoalsTM .
All support can be delivered remotely or face to face.