Care2Care Services deliver a range of care and support services, which include domiciliary care, companionship, Muslim Elders Day Care and day care for people with dementia. The service caters for older people, people with learning disabilities, physical impairments and/or sensory impairments, mental health issues and carers. For Day Care services please see separate entry.
Care2Care’s Support Planning service is available for older people, people with learning disabilities, people with physical impairments and/or sensory impairments, people with mental health issues and people with dementia who would like help to complete their Direct Payments Support Plans.
• Care2Care has 2 Support Planners.
• Gender - Female
• Aged - 25-55 years
• Based in the Hillsborough area of Sheffield (S6) but works across the whole of the city
• Specialism - older people and dementia care
• Specialist knowledge - working with the Muslim community and those with dementia
• Additional languages - Arabic
• Has experience of writing their own Support Plan
• Has a portfolio of their work for you to view
• Home visits - will travel to your home to Support Plan
• Home visits in your own environment for a better understanding of your
• Working with you to map out your needs and identifying what services will suit you best
• Identifying appropriate services and provider options that can meet your
needs and contacting providers on your behalf for further clarification where necessary
• Support to arrange and meet service providers including support to recruit a Personal Assistant (PA)
• Writing up your Support Plan and Sign Off Record and making them ready for submission
• Support to appeal decisions if necessary
• Group Support Planning
An estimate of the appropriate level of service will be provided following the initial visit when staff have assessed the complexity of the case. The Support Planning service can be paid for out of your individual budget.
As a provider of support for adults and older people Care2Care's staff have a wide range of skills and experience particular to working with the needs of older people and those with dementia. The Support Planning team has access to extensive and up to date information on a wide range of service providers for all types of services that older people may require.
The Support Planning service assists individuals to identify what is not working in their life, how they want their lives to be and what changes need to be made to achieve that. It will support service users to think about how to use their budgets to gain the most benefit. The service will liaise and negotiate with service providers to ensure the Support Plans reflect their wishes and meet their individual needs.
The service includes the submission of the plans to Sheffield City Council for approval, and appeals where necessary, and the subsequent implementation of the selected services.
Support Planning costs range from £175 -£200. These prices are provided by Care2Care Services, please check them yourself for accuracy.
Qualifications and Quality Standards:
Care2Care is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission and holds both the Customer First Award and the Investor’s in People Award. All staff are CRB checked and receive extensive training and supervision.
Has Public Liability, Professional Indemnity and Employer's Liability insurance.
Support Planners have attended Sheffield City Council's Support Planning training and have had 5+ plans signed off by the council.