Sheffield Play Association is intended to begin to rebuild the playwork infrastructure in Sheffield and combat the isolation and lack of support that many play providers and playworkers experience.
The Association was initially set up by 4 local organisations: Pitsmoor Adventure Playground, MASKK, Friends of Richmond Park and Highfields Adventure Playground
Membership is open to individuals or organisations that deliver/facilitate play services
- for children aged 5 – 14 years
- in line with the Playwork Principles and
- share the aims of Sheffield Play Association
Our aim is to promote public appreciation of the value and importance of play in children’s lives and campaign for, develop and sustain opportunities, in Sheffield, that support the child’s right to play in accordance with UN Convention on the Rights of Child, Article 31
We engage with the wider playwork sector within the region and nationally to keep abreast of new developments and contribute to initiatives about the future of playwork and the benefits of play for children.
- monthly networking meetings for playworkers, to share ideas and problems, promote and share good practice in playwork.
- twice yearly email newsletter
- promote play opportunities, playschemes and events organised by members
- an annual ‘Play Market’ event for parents, carers and playworkers
Through our members we hope to be able to provide guidance for anyone interested in setting up new community based play initiatives.
For more information please check out our facebook page, Sheffield Play Association. Our website is currently under construction.