The SEND Statutory Assessment and Review Service (SENDSARS) is part of the Local Authority.
We deal with requests for Education, Health, and Care (EHC) statutory assessments received from educational providers, parents and carers, and other agencies. We also:
- Manage and co-ordinate the SEN statutory assessment processes.
- Produce and maintain EHC plans.
- Co-ordinate the placement of children and young people with EHC Plans.
- Monitor and support Annual Review Meetings for children and young people with EHC Plans.
- Provide advice to educational providers and parents and carers about statutory assessments and EHC processes.
- Chair and service the EHC Funding and Placement Panel which determines requests for statutory assessment; agrees the type of provision suitable to support a child/ young person’s SEN; and identifies and agrees any additional provision identified in Section F of the EHC which cannot be met by the education setting named in Section I of the EHC
- Liaises with parents / carers and other relevant professionals with an aim to resolve issues with the child/young person’s EHC Plan.