We are a parent-led charity. We bring together parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with disabilities and/or special educational needs from across Sheffield. Our aim is to support each other, share information and influence policy and practice.
The Sheffield Parent Carer Forum is an independent group of parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with disabilities and/or special educational needs.
Our main aim is to ensure the needs of our children are met.
We bring together parent carers from across Sheffield to provide mutual support, exchange information, and influence policy and practice. We have over 1,600 members.
We support families with disabled children by:
- Providing an information and signposting service
- Organising information events and training sessions for parents
- Organising social events where families can meet each other
- Gathering parents’ views and representing them at a strategic level
- Providing training to raise awareness of the issues faced by families with disabled children
Membership is free - join us today!