We include details about the following types of organisation/service/activity.
Clubs, groups, organisations and services based in Sheffield, including areas which border Sheffield that Sheffield people would typically travel to take part in an activity or use a service. We will also consider regional organisations which run a service or activity in Sheffield.
Exceptions. We will consider putting a regional or national organisation on if there is a gap in local service (such as organisations which help people stay independent, safe and well).
Voluntary, community, faith and statutory organisations. Also care providers and childcare organisations including childminders, playgroups, after school clubs, schools, nurseries and children’s entertainers.
Exceptions. We will consider including a commercial organisation that is a social enterprise or provides a community benefit (particularly those that enable people to improve their quality of life/help people stay independent, safe and well). These include:
- education and training
- education classes
- sport and leisure
- dance, martial arts, keep fit and yoga classes
- speakers for meetings
- tennis, sailing club
- leisure centres
- health and wellbeing
- and psychotherapists (if a member of a professional body)
- healthy eating and weight management
- complementary health (such as osteopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, herbal medicine and homeopathy, if a member of a professional body).
- social care registered providers of social care support (such as Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered). This includes home support and residential care.
- non registered support services like cleaners, home support services, befriending support, where the support does not require CQC registration.
- handyperson and gardening services.
- home visiting hairdressers, chiropodists, opticians
- transport public transport providers providing accessible taxis, minibus etc
- housing social landlords.
1. Organisations which do not supply any contact details, like: telephone, email or website.
2. We reserve the right to remove or suspend any content without notice or explanation.
Our inclusion/exclusion criteria was reviewed and approved in January 2023. We will review it again in July 2024.
If you have any questions or comments about our our criteria contact us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.