What is social prescribing?
Social prescribing is a holistic, non-clinical and person-centred approach to people’s health and wellbeing. It involves being referred to a link worker who will work alongside you to connect you to relevant community groups, support and services.
There are community organisations around the city that provide social prescribing. Some of these lead organisations work in partnership with Sheffield City Council and provide "People Keeping Well" community support and activities.
There are also Community Support Workers based in GP surgeries around the city. They can help with things like:
- finding out about and supporting you to join local social activities
- sourcing help in and around the home
- temporary help if someone is unwell
- finding support for carers
- planning for times of bad weather
- advice on transport options
- information on housing, health and social care
- encouragement to live an active life
- support to check benefit entitlements.
You can find out more online or call their Central Referral Hub on (0114) 205 7120.
View all social prescribing services in the directory.