Sheltered Housing is rented accommodation designed for people aged over 60, who want to live independently but require some additional help and support. Sheltered
schemes vary but can provide things like:
- self-contained flats, studio apartments or bungalows
- communal facilities such as a lounge for social activities, gardens, kitchen, laundry
- safety and security
- neighbourhood officer or scheme manager
- housing management and support service
- caretaking service for the communal areas
- 24 hour emergency response through an alarm service.
You can find information on Sheltered Housing in Sheffield and the rest of the UK, from the Elderly Accommodation Council website: www.EAC.org.uk. Find out more about the sheltered housing schemes from Sheffield City Council website or contact the Council Housing Service on (0114) 293 0000. Or download the guide to sheltered housing in Sheffield.