- have a disabled child under 18 years old
- live in Sheffield
- be in receipt of means-tested benefits or have a family household income of under £21,000 a year. We do not take into consideration income for anyone in the household under the age of 18 years. If you are unsure that you receive a means-tested benefit then please contact customer services on (0114) 273 4567. Select option 4 and then 6 to be but through to the correct department.
- not receive another short break, respite service, befriending service or a Direct Payment for that child
- receive High Rate Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in either care or mobility. This is for those aged 0-16 years.
- receive Enhanced Rate Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for either daily living or mobility. This is for those aged 16 – 18 years.