SEN Transport

If you need transport support to get to your post-16 setting, you will need to re-apply each year. It is not an automatic entitlement after compulsory school age.  You may want to ask your parent/carer to help with this. This is because your circumstances and needs can change.

If you are already getting transport and are going into Year 12

A transition pack will automatically be sent to you.

If you do not currently have transport and are going into Years 13 or 14

You apply through the Travel and Assessment Team.

You can do this by completing an online form.  You can also ask for a paper copy from the team.

Phone: 0114 205 3542

SEN Transport Cost

There is a family cost of £540 a year for travel support in post-16 education. This amount is based on you going to school/college 5 days a week.  This amount can reduce depending on the number of days you are attending.

You may be able to get a 16 - 19 bursary to help with this cost. Your school, college or training provider can give you the forms to complete. Travel support is not given for:

  • travel to work experiences
  • medical appointments
  • off-site visits

Responsibility for this remains with your parent/carers, school, or college.

Last updated: