University and Higher Education - Transition Guide

5 cartoon characters, one is in a wheelchairYoung people at university or studying for a degree are not entitled to EHC plans. This is because there are separate systems of support for higher education. You should speak to your university or college about this.

The support includes Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs). These are non-repayable grants.  They help with the extra costs disabled students can face. DSAs fund a range of support including:

  • specialist equipment
  • travel
  • non-medical helpers (e.g. sign language interpreters, note takers, mentors)

For more information, see the DSA finance guide.  Click on the logo below.

Light blue rectangle with text that says your DSA

Last updated: